Sunday, December 11, 2005

Woe is me....

I just finished ripping out a little more than one whole pattern repeat on the alpaca lacy cardigan. That's two whole evenings worth of knitting. (sniff) Last night I noticed that the motif below the one I was working on didn't look right. So I counted the eyelets....and yep, I skipped a row. It was tempting to keep going...it's on the back, near the bottom, who would notice? I would, over and over and over again. Better to rip today than repent tomorrow, right?

Also last night I noticed that my right rear tire was very low. This morning it was flat, sporting a bright shiny nail in the tread. None of the tire places are open on Sunday. This vehicle is not quite a month old...(sigh)

Now, if I didn't have Christmas cards to do, I could knit back to where I was.... This must be how Scrooge got started on his scroogieness.....

2 comments:

  1. What would Scrooge knit? A black scarf with humbug worked in it? A sweater - with what design - flames melting snowflakes (wait - that reminds me of http://www.theanticraft.com/index.htm - and this - http://www.theanticraft.com/snowballschance.htm

    I have to admit - thinking of Scrooge knitting has lessened my bah, humbug attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch with 'woe is me'--I certainly can understand having to rip out. As for that flat tire--had one not too long ago myself--good thing I noticed it the night before I was to leave to go somewhere & not when I was leaving. 'Tis the season...

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...