Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy Birthday to me...

Yep, today is my birthday. Though it feels like we've been celebrating all week. On Monday and Tuesday, dh installed a new utility sink and base cabinet in the laundry room. (We all know how important a well fitted laundry tub is to the fiber obsessed.)

Wednesday we moved my new worktable into the small bedroom that is like a suite to my sewing room (there's a bathroom between them). This way some of the paperwork stuff can move out of the sewing room, allowing more space for fiber sorting and sewing.

Thursday we drove over to Kalamazoo to see the Chihuly Exhibit. This one wasn't quite as good as the one at Meijer Gardens two years ago. KIA didn't have quite enough space to allow viewing from a distance. Also their main exhibit room is painted a medium value gray, which wasn't enough contrast for the glass. Stark white or black would have been better...or even a saturated value in a complimentary color.

Having finished with the Chihuly Exhibit in plenty of time, we 'zigged' up to Grand Rapids and did the holiday tour at Meijer Gardens (this is the best I can do for a link right now) before 'zagging' home.

Today, my real birthday...I spent part of the day threading heddles on the loom. I have high hopes of beginning '06 by sleying the reed, tying on, and (drum roll!) weaving.

And more gifts: a couple of books, a marvelous hand made card from Carol, a couple of bracelet holders (to help putting on bracelets w/ tricky catches, a yarn meter, and lots of love from dh and ds.

Pictures tomorrow..I promise...

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you!! I am looking forward to photos ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:46 AM

    Happy Birthday dear Sister!
    Hugs,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday, Valerie! I am a big fan of Chihuly...jumping ahead here, what you have on the loom looks great. Makes me want to weave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Val! Sorry to have missed it - all wrapped up in sheep dag you know! Hope it was a good day.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...