Saturday, November 12, 2005

Share the Bounty Raffle Update...

Remember the lavender Peace Shawl and the blue Estonian scarf? They were raffled off last night at the church Share the Bounty Event. We earned enough $$ to provide 17 families in western Wayne County with a nice Christmas!!

The blue Estonian scarf went to Carol, a mother with 3 sons from 9th grade down to 3rd grade. I think she really deserves a little handknit lace in her life and am glad she got it.

Now..here's the one that makes me chuckle: This is who won the Peace Shawl...


To be fair, this is not a flattering picture of Russ. And I know that the Peace Shawl is going to his wife, who organizes the quilt program for the graduating high school seniors. He told me that the fact that I made the shawl made it extra special (aw..shucks...). So although I had hoped to win the shawl back for my friend, Mary (of the Fortune Moment message), it's going to a good home with another fiber lover. That's all that counts.

1 comment:

  1. How much you want to bet it goes on his shoulders occasionally? I kept finding my Faroese Shawl in the family room and one day I came home and found my son playing Playstation with it wrapped around him. He said it kept him warm without restricting those crucial moves!

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...