Wednesday, November 02, 2005


Resurfacing....

I think I've used that heading before, however it is happening again. Yesterday and today it feels like I'm back in my own skin. For the last year, it's been extremely difficult to find some sort of equilibrium with my use of time and accomplishing what I want to do as well as what must be done.

A large part of it is/was my attitude.....finding tons of ways to procrastinate on doing the things that had to be done, and which I just dreaded starting. The computer is a great tool for procrastination (as if you didn't know...you're probably procrastinating by reading this right now, aren't you?)

There are more details in the circumstances to my attitude, but taking the time to write them here is simply more procrastination.

So....to prove that I'm resurfacing: The Flower Basket Shawl is completed and is blocked and drying as I type. Then I spent last evening combing Cormo locks with the Forsythe minicombs in preparation for returning to the laceweight Cormo spinning. That half filled bobbin has been sitting on the Schacht way too long. It felt so good to be back in the "spinning saddle".

In addition to finishing the shawl, I found some inexpensive substitutes for stainless steel blocking wires. First I found 36" long 1/8" diameter brass rods at Home Depot ($2.15 @)which I brought home and polished for the top edge of the shawl. Then dh provided 16" long Simpson Strong Tie Insulation Supports which are made of a coated "springy" (their term) steel. These worked great for the angled edges of the shawl: much easier than T-pins for every point and cheap too!! (Cheap because dh had a box of 100 in his stash....there are definite advantages to having a mate where there are reciprocal rights on one another's stash!) Perhaps a picture of that tomorrow...
Meanwhile I leave you to gaze up at the wonderful autumn colors...


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Valerie, Ouch, you hit the nail on the head, I am procrastinating! As soon as I finish procrastinating here, I will turn the computer off & get down to "business". You have been making great progress with The Flower Basket Shawl & your spinning! Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...