Friday, September 30, 2005

Next week is National Spinning & Weaving Week


This has been going on for years (about 25, perhaps more), and I've always thought I should do something and never did. So, this year, the women's organization for our church is hosting an area conference titled "In the Hands of the Master Weaver" at our church. A series of events, including overhearing a snarky comment from someone from the East Side to an older woman from our church (in a snippy tone:"If you would have asked me in time I could've gotten an actual weaver to come demonstrate").

Later I pulled Laura aside and said, "Laura, you've got yourself an actual weaver right here. Do you want me to bring a loom on Saturday?"

So, tomorrow I will be loading the Mountain Loom into the van, hauling it into the church and demonstrating "actual weaving". HA!...so I get to demonstrate close to National Spinning & Weaving Week and politely rub someone's nose in it at the same time. (Hmmm...am I going at this with the right attitude?)

Meanwhile....the weather is cold and I need clothes. I'm tempted to run up to Novi for the American Sewing Expo. But the truth is, I have everything I need right here in the house. Just need to get at it and sew. I leave you with some jacket fabric to go with a little black dress:

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good sermon to me. Look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Val! Good to see you are partaking in Spinning and Weaving Week as an "actual weaver".Does this mean "real live" as opposed to "virtual" weaver perhaps? ha! ha! I have just been informed that the next week (Oct 10 - 16) is National Knitting Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice1:09 PM

    Hi Val,
    I comented yesterday but ---looks like it didn't get posted.
    Just wanted you to know that I too, am knitting the FBS with some multi blue, pink and teal koigue.
    Still haven't mastered lace knitting but I keep plugging away.
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again - hope it is okay that I "stole" your Spinning and Weaving poster ... thought it would be a good idea to spread the word...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty fabric! I've been on a sewing kick, too, this week.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...