Friday, September 09, 2005

Helmet liners.....(a little blogger antidepressant)

Here we are at the end of a busy week and the beginning of a very busy weekend. For starters, my engineer dh tends to take things very literally. A perfect example of this is Labor Day. Where most of us understand that this day was set aside to rest from our labors, not dh. We spent most of the long weekend working on outdoor projects including construction of the east and south walls of our basement walkout. This project has been going on for the past 3 summers and looks like it will continue into next year. It will henceforth be known as "The Big Dig"....Boston has nothing on us!

Once Labor Day was over, every activity that was suspended for the summer is back into full swing. This generated a week of meetings, planning, construction of roster bulletin boards, writing newsletter articles, and so on and so forth. It's fair to say that every weekday for the rest of September has something pencilled in.

However there has been a little knitting time left in the evenings. The Estonian Garden scarf is done and half blocked. Yes, literally half blocked. It's +60" long and beyond my patience to do the whole long, skinny thing at one time without blocking wires. I'll block the other half and post a picture next week. Not saying what day...just next week.

Fortunately, my sister and her guild have saved the day (blog) by giving permission to post their picture with completed helmet liners



These are members of the Roof Garden Knitting Guild in Somerset, Pa. They were the inspiration for my Aug. 17 post about the helmet liners. At the time of this photo, they had 25 completed helmet liners to ship to troops in Afghanistan. My sister is the one in green. I don't know most of the other ladies, and those I do know, I'm not sure if it's okay for me to name them. So I will shout out to them to comment if they want to be named. (Hint...don't make the comment anonymous if you want to be named!)

Thank you Roof Garden Knitters for giving me something to blog about. You've inspired more than me. Marilyn had an almost completed helmet liner at book group today.

I'm embarrassed. Time for me to go cast on a helmet liner.....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Valerie,
    Thanks for posting our picture which was taken at my house at Knitin. We enjoy those Mondays.
    I also enjoy your flower pictures they are really pretty you sure have a green thumb.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...