Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A worthy application of "charity knitting"
An anonymous commenter noted that they are knitting helmet liners for our soldiers in Afghanistan. That prompted me to google and find this: knitting helmet liners

I thought perhaps the comment was from my friend, Mary, whose son returned home from Afghanistan a few months ago. But it wasn't her.

Anyway...we do know Rob and we've seen his pictures from Afghanistan. We know that the weather conditions there are harsh and the dust is beyond anything southeast Michigan can imagine.



Therefore, I will jump on the bandwagon and dedicate these orphan skeins of Kid 'n Ewe from my stash to knitting a helmet liner or two. If you want the pattern, click on the link above. If you care to join in, let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:47 AM

    I'll be glad to jump on this bandwagon with you. I'm going to search my stash, too. Does the yarn need to be all wool? As usual, your photographs, knitting, and storytelling are fabulous! Love ya, Mair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice7:04 PM

    Valerie----that was me---your sister who is knitting the helmet liners. I finished it today. Our group started this last week and there are 22 knitted to date.Thanks for joining in.
    Love ya too,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:10 PM

    Your blog is very nice :D

    webhosting india

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...