Sunday, June 26, 2005

Hey, remember me....

It's been a long hot week. The trip to Pa. went fine. The funeral was at 1:30 PM. Music was provided by a bluegrass duet, which was different and very enjoyable (for a funeral). The surprise party was at 6:00 PM. I don't think the surprise part really sunk in w/ my FIL. It was more like he was in "go to a meal after a funeral" mode. Everyone at the party had been to the funeral. So it's true: all's well that ends well. One way or another.

Fiber: I have been knitting on the oatmeal toddler gansey. It was all the way to the shoulders and joined with a 3 needle bind off, when I decided that the bottom needed a tad more ribbing. So I ripped at the base of the garter rounds and am knitting down to make it longer.



Originally uploaded by vmusselm.



This picture makes it look more grey than oatmeal.

Other fiber news: The J.C. Penney fall/winter catalogue arrived this week to shame me into sewing the summer clothes that were abandoned a few weeks ago. I'm in the middle of sewing a top and skirt. Photo's on that when it's finished. And I plan on sewing the linen jacket that I posted about awhile ago (shortly after a Land's End catalogue showed up w/ linen jackets on the cover). I think we can identify a pattern here: catalogues arrive, Valerie sews.

And now for something completely different: If you haven't guessed by now, I love photographing and identifying wildflowers. I started this years ago, before ds was born. This year I've come upon a few species that I don't recognize (either I've forgotten them, or haven't looked them up before). The photo below is a new arrival near my back gate.



Originally uploaded by vmusselm.



I'm thinking of just starting a wildflower album at Flicker and not boring all of you with my wildflowers. Besides it seems that most of the fiber bloggers are jumping on the flower photo bandwagon. What d'ya think?

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea. I don't have much gardening time this summer, so I can live vicariously through yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea too - I love looking at flowers. Inspires me to try different color combinations. Yeah, that's it - not that I just love looking at flowers.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...