Thursday, June 09, 2005

Daisies don't tell


daisies don't tell
Originally uploaded by vmusselm.

But it didn't take a rocket scientist to solve the crime depicted below.



The Crime
Originally uploaded by vmusselm.

This is the Sheep Shawl, Evelyn Clark's pattern published through Fibertrends. You're looking at some holes that are not a part of the original lace pattern.

I bought the fine corriedale fleece from Dick Regenery a couple years ago. I washed the fleece then combed it with Louet minicombs before spinning the yarn. After plying, the yarn was knit into this shawl.



the perpetrator
Originally uploaded by vmusselm.

Yesterday, for whatever reason, Jazzy got on the rocking chair, pulled down the shawl and proceeded to wrestle and chew her way through it. She was wrapped in it on the floor when I found her. GRRRR....I was not of a mind to grab the camera at that point.

This is the second time she's chewed through some handknit wool. The fact that a cat jumped on a rocking chair for this is inexplicable to me.

I haven't decided whether I'm going to put the time and effort into mending this mess or just give it up. I guess I'll just take time to mull it over.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, it's such a beautiful piece! Bad kitty! Good thing she's so beautiful herself. I guess sometimes you've just got to be bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:21 AM

    Our dog ate a wool afghan when he was a puppy. It was an old one, so I didn't care. Must be tasty stuff, wool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! And handspun too?! That's awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. Well, M persuaded me that declawing the boys front feet would be a good idea. The 3rd cat, Bunny, has toenails but she hasn't attacked anything other than the boy cats and occasional small fluffy dog. What are you going to do? It was so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...