Monday, May 16, 2005

The Latest Baby Surprise Sweater and Cap..



Posted by Hello

Finally a finished object to post on the blog. I'm thinking about picking up at the ends of the sleeves and adding a little ribbing. These sweaters always look like they are too short in the sleeves to me. Then I will put it in the mail for baby. She's not due to arrive until next month.

Continuting in the "knitting for babies" vein, I have purchased some yarn to knit a little boy's gansey for a baby gift that I never got around to knitting. He soon won't be a baby so this is what the finished item will be:


Sirdar Chino Knits #50256
Posted by Hello

Am still vacillating between is this a cold or is it spring allergies. Symptoms wax and wane.

Spent some time spinning yesterday. The wheels have been neglected for much of the past school year. It seems like ds coming home from college has inspired me to sit at the wheels and treadle once again. It's probably just an instinctive attempt to keep my foot out of my mouth and let him readjust to living in a house rather than a dorm? I'm sure it won't be long before I will feel like throwing shuttles, tromping treadles, and swinging beaters really hard! If you've had a an adult child return home, I'm sure you can relate.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, I can relate. Return home, leave home, repeat several times with four kids!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice6:53 PM

    Allan---number-2 son is on his way home from New York as I write. This is his second time back home to stay for a while. Like Charleen,with four kids I also can relate.
    Not surprised are you Val?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie,
    I just had one come home to roost for the summer too. I have adopted the attitude that I am still your mother, I am not your parent, and or maid. She is 21 in a few weeks, and I feel like all the parenting should be done. So I only ask to be told the minimal amount of information, to keep her safe. She works overnight sometimes at a youth detention center, so I want to know when it would be resonable to expect her home. Cell phones are really nice to keep in touch.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can relate! The two youngest have moved in and out as if we had a revolving door. The DD kept moving back in with an additional child each time till the total reached four. The solution? Sell the house and rent an apt too small for nothing more than over nites. That is, if you are a four year old who likes to sleep on the livingroom floor. Just great for retired grandparents!

    ReplyDelete

tie in the loose ends...