suede cloth jacket
Posted by Hello
This is the jacket that I've been sewing. The insert at the neckline is the coordinating scarf I'm knitting to go with it. The skirt is cut out but I haven't started it yet.
In case you haven't guessed, today is my birthday. It's been a good one so far, but has always been a melancholy day to have a birthday. Oh well.
Birthday haul includes:
- 2 lbs of beautiful light grey corriedale fleece from email pal Carol. The fleece is from Dick Regenery's flock and is much nicer than the fleece I purchased from him a couple years ago.
- new small(er) radio/cd player for my sewing room.
- a walking pole to match the one I already have since Galyan's is closing and I wanted a matched set.
- Hilary Hahn's Bach cd.
- Ginger Peach tea from Republic of Tea (yum)!
- an electric knife from my inlaws. This is funny because I know that my inlaw family does a collective shudder when they see me with a knife. They think I don't know this, but I've picked up on it (like when my sister-in-law snatched the knife and potato out of my hand to finish peeling it!) It only looks dangerous, I do pretty well with a knife. It's the scissors that have cut off the tip of my pinky finger, twice.